Monday, May 9, 2016

Start of the Summer 2016 semester

I am actually glad to be back in school after the two weeks break. Last Friday was orientation day for the newly arrived students and today classes started as early as 8.30am. My BUS237 Introduction to Computer Information Systems section 3 class was one of the early classes this semester. And, just like every class that I teach, first thing I do is get to know the students. I call out the students' names one at a time from the attendance record and they reply with their preferred names and course concentration. After that, I will discuss about my role and the students' responsibilities for this course. Included in the discussion will be course components, grading system, assignments, exams and policies. Lecture on Chapter 1 starts immediately after a short break.

I am assigned to three sections of this course this semester on top of the PreMasters Program courses. This is going to be my busiest semester for the year. Other than teaching, I will also be conducting two to three workshops within the semester, depending on the availability of time on my schedule. Also, not forgetting the Universal Case Competition and Instructor Advising.

No comments: