Thursday, February 2, 2017

Spring 2017 Progressing Well

Individual Presentation
The Spring 2017 semester is progressing well into the fourth week of classes. I am teaching the newly introduced BUS216 Essentials of Business Communication course this semester. In the BUS216 course, we are already in the second quarter of the course with individual presentations just started last week, and at the final phase of executive summary, a business writing component in the course. Students in the BUS216 course have also been introduced to their respective teams in preparation for the team project.

Team Discussion
As for the FIC Instructor Mentorship Program, I have been assigned with thirty three students this semester which I have yet to meet them all. But, last week I had the opportunity to meet with some of the students that have accepted my invitation to meet up during my office hours. This mentorship program help students to discover alternative plans to accomplish their career goals and aspirations. The program presents a unique opportunity for the students to tap on the experiences and expertise of the different instructor mentors.

Team Project
I have also conducted the first two of the Moodle Learning Session for Instructors. And in between the Mentorship Program, Moodle Learning Sessions, and my assigned sections, the UCC Case Competition is progressing well into the third stage. On top of all these, I am involved with the Royal Canadian Air Cadet League of Canada, in their Effective Speaking Program as a volunteer facilitator. This program has just started about two weeks ago.

No comments: